Wednesday, September 08, 2004

rape in cyberspace

so yea, i finally did my talk today on virtual community. well actually it's a must, since its a formal assessment in my issues in media communication class. *sigh*

so anyhoo, i did the rape in a cyberspace case study to analyse how a person can be involved in an online community. for me it's just so amazing to see how people are so serious on taking this particular issue into their account. have fun reading it, people! *as if!*

for you who haven't even given a shot to read the article, here's a lil idea of what the article really is about. it's about a story of mr. bungle and how he had raped few people in the chat room, the so-called "living room". he used the voodoo doll program to force few members to commit demeaning sexual act.
the debates from this case ranging from a formal social rules to the ethical codes needed in the chat room.
from this incident, it showed how individuals are affected by online community, and how societies are formed through their interactions.

so there, have a lil piece of my lovely presentation, ok? *devilish laugh*

my assignments update: philosophy politics' deliberative democracy: DONE.
issues in e-media reading journal: DONE
issues in e-media presentation on virtual community: DONE.
e-society's friendster: haven't even touched that. *sigh*

3 down, 1 more to go! *yaaaay! go meee, go meeee!*

*maaf, update kali ini benar-benar membosankan. these assignments are really dragging me off from my comfort zone, from my social life, and even from my shopping habit! these have gotta STOP!*

No comments: