Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Melbourne101

I was cleaning up my Gmail inbox yesterday, when i suddenly stumbled upon this: an old email from a friend. An old email consists of good memory, a good 100-words talking about Melbourne.

“Melbourne is the stylish powersuited woman striding down Collins St or the laid back men talking Aussie Rules Football at the pub. Melbourne is a sticky date pudding in a cafĂ© on the banks of the Yarra, watching the stars at St Kilda beach. Melbourne is where coffee-with-friends is a lifestyle, and total obsession with lattes and the colour black is normal. Melbourne is Mediterranean staff in the delicatessen, waiters in your favourite Asian restaurant, and the best kebabs out of the Middle East, in a city of four million people whose roots come from all over the globe. Melbourne rocks, ok. – Nasya Bahfen”

How can I not love Melbourne with all the ditto description? Not to mention the weather. Oh they can call it Melbourne the Ghost City due to the four-seasons weather in a day, but I still remember the smell of autumn in the morning, nice sunny arvo and my warm blanket when its wintery cold outside.

Plus the fact *blushing* I met my future husband there. Let’s just hope we can return soon for holiday! =)

No comments: